Laser Gum Disease Treatment
Gum disease, also known as periodontal disease, is the build-up of bacteria in the mouth which can cause the gums to become swollen, sore and infected. When left untreated, the bacteria can eat away at the surrounding tissue and eventually result in tooth loss and other health issues.
What is LANAP?
LANAP involves the use of a soft tissue dental laser to effectively treat the infected gum area and eliminate the bacteria without harming the healthy tissue. Once the diseased tissue has been removed and the affected disinfected, the laser gently seals the nerve endings to help regenerate healthy gum tissue and promote healing.
Benefits of Laser Treatment for Gum Disease
Laser treatment has many benefits compared to traditional methods:
- Involves no scalpel or sutures
- Targets the diseased tissue
- Stimulates the tissue’s natural healing capabilities
- Gives better and longer-lasting results
- Most patients are able to eat right after the procedure
- Less than 24-hour recovery period
- Safe for patients with health concerns such as diabetes, HIV, hemophilia, or for those taking medications such as Plavix or aspirin.
Am I a candidate for Laser Gum Disease Treatment?
The first step is to come in and see Dr. Alidadi so
that she can determine whether you are a candidate for LANAP. This includes
getting digital X-rays of your mouth. Dr. Alidadi will take the time to sit
down with you, go over your situation, and listen to your concerns. She will
determine the best treatment option.
To make an appointment, call 914‑290‑5524 or click here to request an appointment online.