a smile that you feel proud can be a huge boost to a person’s self-confidence. Cosmetic
dentistry includes the dental procedures aimed at improving the appearance of
your smile. With the advances in dentistry, getting the smile you want is well
within reach, so where do you start?
First Steps for Improving Your Smile
- Establish your smile goals – take a little time out to consider how you would like your smile to look. Try to find a couple of photos that illustrate the look you want. Aim high—you would be amazed at what can be done with today’s advances in dentistry.
- Choose a highly
skilled cosmetic dentist – find a dentist with excellent credentials. While there is no
official title of cosmetic dentist, the best cosmetic dentists are highly
trained and experienced in cosmetic dental procedures.
Top cosmetic dentists are members of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, which provides special education and training to its members to keep them up-to-date on the latest techniques. You should also choose a dentist who is committed to equipping the office with the latest technology.
- Schedule a consultation – schedule a meeting to find out about your options. Dr. Alidadi offers a free smile makeover consultation. During your visit, Dr. Alidadi will discuss your smile goals and do a thorough examination. She will evaluate your entire mouth, taking into account the health and appearance of your teeth. Based on her findings as well as your needs, she will discuss your options and explain what you can expect from various procedures.
Cosmetic Dentistry Options
We offer a full array of cosmetic dentistry procedures. Here are a few examples:
- Invisalign® teeth straightening – Would you like to have straighter teeth? Dr. Alidadi can straighten your teeth and enhance your smile affordably. Invisalign uses custom-made clear aligners that are nearly undetectable. Dr. Alidadi is an Invisalign Preferred Provider.
- Porcelain Veneers – A veneer is a very thin layer of porcelain that’s placed over the front of your tooth to change its color, shape or size. Veneers can hide stained, crooked or chipped teeth or they can close gaps between teeth.
- Dental Bonding – bonding is the application of high-grade composite material to the front of your teeth. Dental bonding is more economical than veneers, but not as long lasting.
- One-visit Crowns – to cover a broken or decayed tooth, Dr. Alidadi can create high-quality, durable, all-porcelain crowns—right in her office. No more temporaries are needed, no more waiting weeks for your permanent restoration to be made at the lab. Dr. Alidadi can provide you with custom, perfectly matched and perfectly fitted dental crowns, inlays and onlays — all in a single visit!
- Teeth whitening – Would you like your teeth to be whiter? the Teeth whitening systems that are sold over-the-counter fail to penetrate the teeth deeply enough to remove the discoloration caused by smoking tobacco, drinking coffee, or from age. Dr. Alidadi uses the KöR® Whitening Deep Bleaching System, which is considered the most effective way to permanently whiten your teeth.
- Dental Implants – If you have either missing teeth or teeth that are beyond repair, dental implants may be the best option. Implants are lifelike artificial teeth that allow you to eat, smile and talk naturally and comfortably. An implant is an artificial tooth root, made of titanium, which is topped with a crown, bridge or denture.
- Snap-on smile® – Snap-On Smile is an easy and affordable way to get a fantastic
smile. It fits right over your own teeth to give you a beautiful,
natural-looking smile. Snap-on Smiles can hide stains, chips, gaps or missing
To find out which cosmetic procedures would be best to enhance your smile, schedule an appointment to meet with Dr. Alidadi for a Free Cosmetic Consultation. You will receive:
- Oral exam
- Bite check
- Smile evaluation
- Discuss your smile goals
- Review treatment options
- Get all questions answered
To make an appointment, call 914‑290‑5524 or click here to request an appointment on line.